Frequently asked questions
How does Commons work?
- Sign in with Slack. If you have Slack, you can create a Commons account with 1-click. Just click, "Continue with Slack".
- Add the Commons app to your Slack space. This lets you invite your team, ping from Commons, and more.
- Invite your teamIdeally the teammates you talk to on a regular basis.
- Tap to talk. It’s that easy!
How can I invite my team?
Anyone on your Slack space has access to your Commons space.
There are a few ways you can invite your team to Commons.
- Click "invite team" button.
- Share the url of your Commons.
- Create a meeting from Commons and invite your team to the meeting.
Why do I need to login with Slack?
We want Commons to be as easy for your team to use as possible. With that in mind, we've enabled sign in via Slack so that you and your team don't have to create a new account and manage a different set of credentials.
Don't use Slack? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you access another way :).
How does Commons work with Slack?
After you create a Commons account, you can do the following:
- click "Ping on Slack" to send a teammate a message in Slack
- type "/commons" from Slack to initiate a conversation in Commons
- invite anyone on your team's Slack space to Commons with 1-click